Avelo Airlines- The Top 5 Things to do in Wilmington
Avelo Airlines has been servicing Wilmington, NC since 2014, and with good reason. We’ve compiled a list of the top 5 things to do while you’re in town (and make sure to see them during the day as opposed to at night). Whether you’re coming in on business or simply looking to visit the city, you won’t be disappointed!
1) Explore Fort Fisher
Avelo Airlines has made it easier than ever to explore Fort Fisher, one of the most popular tourist destinations in North Carolina. With these flights into Wilmington, you can be at the fort in no time. Here are the top five things to do while you’re there:
1. Visit the North Carolina Aquarium – located right on the fort grounds, the aquarium is a great place to learn about and see some of the amazing marine life that inhabits the area.
2. Take a stroll along the miles of pristine beaches – whether you want to relax or build sandcastles, Fort Fisher’s beaches are perfect for any activity.
3. Check out Cape Fear Botanical Garden – this free attraction showcases coastal plants from all over the world, as well as native species found in the North Carolina Coast region.
4. Enjoy an adrenaline rush at Surf City USA – more than just a nickname, Surf City USA offers some of the best surfing lessons and gear around! One can go and check some more details on Avelo Airlines check in
5. Go shopping! There are plenty of boutiques and retail shops within walking distance from Fort Fisher where you can find anything from souvenirs to surfboards to art supplies.
If you’re looking for something to do during your next visit to Wilmington or nearby areas like Wrightsville Beach or Kure Beach, look no further than Avelo Airlines! We offer affordable fares with discounts available if you book early enough—all from our convenient mobile app!
2) Take a boat ride from Cape Fear River Taxi
Avelo Airlines offers flights to and from Wilmington, NC. While you’re in the area, be sure to check out some of the top attractions. Avelo Flights makes it easy to get around and see everything the city has to offer. Here are the top five things to do in Wilmington, NC:
1. Take a boat ride from Cape Fear River Taxi. You’ll get a great view of the city from the water.
2. Visit the Battleship North Carolina. This WWII battleship is now a museum and one of the most popular tourist attractions in Wilmington.
3. Walk or bike along the Riverwalk.
4. Take a tour of Airlie Gardens. This beautiful public garden is located within Airlie, a historic plantation and house originally built by a Scottish sea captain who later moved his family there in 1839. You can easily get to Airlie from Wilmington through these flights and explore everything it has to offer.
Most of these tours include transportation, so you can save money on transportation costs when you visit more than one attraction at a time!
3) Try some local seafood
One of the best things about Wilmington is the seafood. If you’re looking for a good seafood meal, Avelo Airlines has you covered. With these Flights, you can get to Wilmington in no time and enjoy some of the best seafood around. Here are five of our favorite seafood spots in Wilmington that make great destinations on Airlines flight:
1) Front Street Seafood Co – Serves fresh catches of the day with creative dishes such as lobster bisque or fried oysters.
2) Hyatt House – You’ll find traditional dishes like Maryland crab cakes or steamed shrimp with lemon butter here.
3) Sugar Bakeshop – Get your fill of sweet treats like strawberry cream cake or strawberry cupcakes here.
4) Tarheel Gourmet Seafood Market – Take your pick from gourmet meals like spicy jerk shrimp salad or fried flounder sandwich at this fresh market in Wrightsville Beach.
4) Relax at Third Street Park
Avelo Airlines offers flights to many different destinations, one of which is Wilmington. If you’re looking to relax on your vacation, look no further than Third Street Park. This park is perfect for a picnic lunch or reading a book in the sun. With its central location, it’s also a great place to people-watch. You may even see some local celebrities! Besides Third Street Park, there are plenty of other things to do and places to explore during your stay in Wilmington.
For an adrenaline rush head over to Go Kart Track. Here you can race against your friends on their go-karts as well as compete with professional drivers at this racing attraction. Have a taste of North Carolina’s culture at the Bladen County Arts Council by visiting the fine arts exhibition hall and viewing more than 20 artists’ works that showcase regional talent and creativity. Take a walk around Fort Fisher via Cabarrus Avenue and learn about the history of this historic site while taking in all its beauty.
The top five things to do when flying with Avelo Airlines are worth checking out!
5) Check out all the cool murals
Avelo Airlines is excited to share the top five things to do in Wilmington! First on the list is checking out all the cool murals. Avelo Airlines Destinations offers daily flights to Wilmington, so book your trip today!
The murals are a great way to learn about the city’s history and culture. Plus, they add some color and life to otherwise bland buildings. There are dozens of them scattered throughout the city, so you’re sure to find one that catches your eye.