Traveling in Leh Ladakh in winter includes snow-covered mountain tops, scaring trails, and frozen lakes. Of all the colder time of year journey in Ladakh, the two generally unmistakable and exciting ones are the Chadar Trek and Snow Leopard Trek. Both offer an opportunity to investigate the amazing scenes of Leh-Ladakh and its grand lakes and valleys. On the off chance that you have an energy for nature and are anticipating a special encounter, at that point you should go journeying in Leh Ladakh during winters.
Here is a knowledge into the most renowned experience journey in the ‘Place where there is High Passes’:
Chadar Trek or the Frozen River Trek is known to be perhaps the most troublesome just as perfect trips of the incomparable Himalayan Ranges. Adventurers need to stroll on the frozen Zanskar River which transforms into a strong bed of ice during winters. Offering stunning perspectives on the environmental factors, the journey takes you through probably the most lone areas. You may even get an opportunity to see some uncommon untamed life, for example, ibex or recognize a neighborhood mountain goat. The journey is certifiably not a basic campaign into the mountains yet a difficult experience that will test your solidarity with brutal climate, freezing temperatures, and steep landscapes.
Here are a couple of things that you will do while on this impressive experience:
- Watch a dusk from the sacrosanct Shanti Stupa.
- Journey to Dib Tibb and investigate exciting caverns.
- Go through a night under the stars here and unwind in a tent pitched close to a huge fire.
- Trip to the most beautiful areas of Leh-Ladakh. Find the biggest frozen cascade around there and visit the scaffold interfacing Leh to Zanskar.
- Visit the Naerek Village and collaborate with local people to comprehend their way of life and way of life. It is quite possibly the most entrancing activities in Ladakh.
- Appreciate an agreeable stay at the town camp.
Appreciate the excellence of the frozen lake and snap pictures with local people wearing customary woolen robes or Gonchas. Unwind and stay for the time being at the camping area.
Experience the serene excellence of Shingra Koma and find pugmarks of wild creatures, as foxes, ibex, and snow panthers.
For travelers and experience sweethearts who need to leave on this captivating excursion, right now is an ideal opportunity on the grounds that the Chadar Trek might be accessible for the following two years, and no more.
Understand More: Try These Offbeat Things to Do in Ladakh
Snow Leopard Trek
Perhaps the most famous trips in Ladakh, the Snow Leopard Trek takes you to a height of 4090m, and is probably the best activity in Leh Ladakh in winter. Being a piece of the Hemis National Park, the trip spreads across the Rumbak and Markha valleys. This area has the most noteworthy thickness of Snow Leopards in India.
The subtle and puzzling Snow Leopard is likewise alluded to as the Gray Ghost of the Himalaya as it is excellent to see yet uncommon to locate. Going on a Snow Leopard journey in Ladakh is quite possibly the most exciting constantly encounters. The trip is loaded with difficulties and shocks and the experience gives you a decent understanding into the Trans Himalayas locale and its well known Rumbak valley.
snow-panther journey in-ladakh
- Here a couple of things you will do on your Snow Leopard Trek insight:
- Visit acclaimed touring spots around Leh, like Gurudwara Pathar Sahib, the ‘Attractive Hill’, and the famous Hall of Fame.
- Appreciate journeying on the frozen Zanskar River and go through a night in Uleytokpo, a spot arranged at a high height of 4050m, ideal for spotting snow panthers.
- Cross the renowned Khardung La and Chang La Passes
- Visit the beautiful Shanti Stupa.
- Appreciate all encompassing perspectives on nature and the Leh Palace.
- Drive to the excellent towns of Shey and Thiksey, and Chemrey and Sakti Valleys to Lake Pangong on the Indo China line.
Understand More: Here’s What a Holiday to Ladakh This Summer Must Be on Your List
Traveling in Leh Ladakh in winter is an involvement with itself. In any case, remember that winters in Ladakh are unforgiving, with the temperature diving to – 30 degree Celsius around evening time. Subsequently, be ready for cold days and colder evenings. All things considered, the feeling of thrill you feel subsequent to finishing the journey will be unrivaled! MakeMyTrip offers the best visit bundles joining journeying in Leh Ladakh for solo as well as gathering explorers; so book your tickets at the most punctual.