The United States is vast and there are so many amazing places in America. Having to narrow it down to five is nearly impossible. This article will talk specifically about areas of natural beauty that everyone should experience. Everyone has different opinions on what constitutes the best places to visit. Some of these have been talked about at length before but they are worth mentioning again. These are five, can’t-miss destinations that encapsulate the natural beauty of the U.S.A.
- Yellowstone National Park. Yellowstone is a great place to experience the natural beauty of the Mountain West. Ever since President Theodore Roosevelt laid the cornerstones to the entrance gateway in 1903, America’s first National Park continues to inspire. No matter the time of year, there are dozens of great activities for you and your family. From unique wildlife to geothermal phenomena like the Old Faithful Geyser, Yellowstone National Park will deliver a purely American experience.
- The Grand Canyon. No matter how many times it’s mentioned, the Grand Canyon can’t be overlooked. It is a truly staggering area of natural beauty, not just in America but on planet Earth. Americans might take it for granted but, people from around the world regard the Grand Canyon as one of the most beautiful places in USA to visit. Visiting the Desert Southwest is a must and there is no good reason to skip the Grand Canyon. The landscape is endlessly inspiring, and this legendary spot speaks for itself.
- The Great Smoky Mountains. Anywhere on the Appalachian Trail is a surefire hit for nature lovers but the Great Smoky Mountains are simply the best. This includes the national park that straddles the border between North Carolina and Tennessee. There are also several attractions in the area including Dollywood. Underrated small cities like Asheville, North Carolina and Chattanooga, Tennessee make a great base for your time exploring this wonder.
- The Florida Keys. The Florida Keys are unlike anywhere else in the state of Florida and by extension the whole of America. In the Keys, you can feel like you are in the most exotic corners of the Caribbean without taking your passport. The southernmost point in the continental United States is Key West. Key West is where you can lose yourself in nature or the arts. It has something for everyone regardless of the kind of vacation you are looking for.
5. The State of Hawaii. If you like the tropical, laid-back vibes of Key West, then you’ll absolutely love Hawaii. The 50th state is one of the most amazing places in America to experience tropical paradise without leaving the country. What makes Hawaii uniquely beautiful is the Kilauea Volcano National Park. Kilauea is one of the most active volcanoes in the world and is still putting on spectacular shows. Throw in the majestic waterfalls and stunning beaches that abound on every island and the entire state is a natural wonder you won’t want to miss.