Location: Leh Ladakh, India
Leh Ladakh road trips are the perfect combination of misty heights, valley roads, snow-capped mountains, and your reliable vehicle to ride or drive amidst all these charming attractions and experience the magic.
Ladakh trips take you through incredible locations such as Manali, Jispa, Sarchu, Nubra Valley, Sham Valley, Pangong Lake, Leh, and many more.
Ride or drive through the mystical snow-capped mountains, lakes, and picturesque valleys as you enjoy the thrilling escapade of a lifetime!
Things to do in Leh Ladakh:
- Experience the breath-taking views of Nubra Valley: This valley offers tranquillity throughout the visit, as it entraps the visitors with its magnificent bed of flowers, popularly known as the ‘Valley of Flowers’. This valley is a must-visit for Ladakh Bike Trip riders.
- Have a relaxing break of serenity at Shanti Stupa: Located on top of a hill elevated at 4267 meters, this stupa is one of the best places to experience peace and tranquillity and enjoy the breath-taking views of Leh.
- Soak in the natural marvel of Pangong Tso Lake: Situated in the heart of the Himalayas, the lake stretches at a distance of 134 kilometers and offers spectacular views in line with the rustic mountains.
- Soak in the culture at the Royal Leh Palace: Built in the 17th century, this palace was built by the famous king Sengge Namgyal. With stunning views of Leh’s natural beauty and valleys from its roof, this palace is a must-visit to experience the cultural beauty of Leh.
- Pay homage at the Dras War Memorial: Located on the Srinagar – Leh highway, the Kargil War Memorial, also known as the Dras War Memorial, is built by the Indian Army commemorating the 1999 Kargil war between India and Pakistan. The view of Tiger Hill and Tololing Range adds to the majestic sensation of this place.
Things to carry for treks in Leh Ladakh:
Must Read: How to Travel on a Budget
Things to keep in mind while planning a road trip to Leh Ladakh:
- Ladakh bike trip or road trip, accommodation, suitable vehicle (own/ rental) with fuel and meals. There are several car/ bike rentals available in Delhi and Manali.