Maryland may be one of the smaller US states, but it certainly has plenty to offer. Especially for couples looking for a place that will not end up killing the romance but quite the opposite. If you are a fan of history and culture, you are in the perfect place. If you appreciate experiencing nature, you can do that in some of the countless reserves this state has to offer. Maryland also does not lack in beaches, parks, lakes, rivers—you name it. And just to add some extra appeal, Washington DC is a short drive away. Choosing Maryland as your home has too many advantages to count, especially if you are a couple in love. So, let’s find out about the most romantic places to live in Maryland.
This city is at the top of any list of places when it comes to Maryland. It has so much to offer it is hard to know where to even begin. The city of Baltimore is one big historic landmark and boasts countless places of interest. The beautiful harbor city has some breathtaking views that couples can enjoy on a daily basis. Wonderful evenings can be spent in one of the fantastic restaurants Little Italy has to offer or simply taking a walk by the water. Patterson Park is an excellent option year-round. That is if you feel like taking a boat ride on the lake or ice-skating in the winter. In addition to all that, an idyllic observatory is available at the top of a beautiful Victorian pagoda overlooking downtown Baltimore.
Voted one of the best places to live in America. There is a real suburban feel to this city, and if you are thinking of raising a family down the line, this is the best place for you. The city has many parks, lakes, coffee shops, and an abundance of nature to explore. Columbia ticks all the boxes if you are looking for a low-key, cozy environment that is safe and affordable for couples to live in. And living in such an idyllic environment might even help improve your marriage.
One of the largest estuaries in the world, with over 150 rivers flowing into the bay. Wake up every morning to calm waters and the beach; relax and sunbathe daily. And what could be more romantic than dolphin watching or the sunset over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel? Taste some fantastic barbecue, visit the traditional waterfront restaurants, or, to show your partner you appreciate them, spend the day fishing and enjoying each other’s company. All this and so much more will be available to you should you decide to plant your roots in the Chesapeake Bay.
The capital of Maryland and the Sailing capital of the USA, this charming city is packed with activities and incredible scenery for a ton of romance. If you are a fan of colonial architecture, seafood restaurants, and a small-town feel, you are in for a treat. Annapolis is also home to the United States Naval Academy, which offers tours of the Naval Museum with an impressive domed chapel. Sailboat races happen every Wednesday night during the spring and summer months.
If finally, you decide to make Maryland your home, browse through a2bmovingandstorage.com for some much-needed advice and moving assistance from professionals. Attempting this relocation on your own will leave you with unnecessary frustration and exhaustion instead of being a wonderful and memorable experience.
A little extra for the beach lovers
What could be more romantic than the beach? Taking long dreamy strolls into the sunset with sand beneath your feet and the waves crashing in. From the Atlantic Ocean to the rivers and lakes, Maryland has some wonderfully diverse beaches to offer.
- Assateague Island: What a special place to visit and, oh so romantic. White sandy beaches, untouched nature, and wait—what—wild ponies running around? Yes, you read that right. You can camp here or take a daily trip. Either way, it will be an unforgettable experience for a couple to share.
- Ocean City: The most popular beach getaway in Maryland boasts a ten-mile sandy beach. And it is entirely free of charge. Enjoy surfing, kayaking, and canoeing, or go for a walk down the three-mile boardwalk once you’ve had enough fun in the ocean or want to grab a bite.
- Calvert Cliffs State Park: What better way to get rid of psychological stress than to go on a nature hike and enjoy the beautiful views of cliffs by the beach with your partner.
- Deep Creek Lake: Maryland’s biggest freshwater lake is where you want to go if you are not a fan of the ocean or prefer something a bit different. The area offers heaps of recreational activities for couples who like to stay active. Go for a couples’ kayaking experience, take part in water sports or go for a swim together. The scenery will astound you.
- Cherry Beach: Finally, for those couples who enjoy spending time by the river, this beach will be a pleasant surprise. Situated in a park, Cherry beach is considered one of the best in Maryland. Sand, water sports, picnics—this beach has it all.
Moving to one of the romantic places within Maryland
Once you have decided to move to one of these incredible places, you will probably need some help with your relocation. If you are looking to move here from other parts of the state, hiring expert movers is your best bet. Long-distance moves are not as simple as they seem. Even though you are not crossing any state borders, the number of things you accumulate over the years may surprise you. It might become overwhelming when you start packing everything and realize that you cannot just stuff it all in your station wagon. It is best to leave this in the competent hands of professionals and take the extra time to relax and prepare for the wonderful future ahead.
Settling down in one of the amazing cities in Maryland
You cannot go wrong when choosing among all the romantic places to live in Maryland. This tiny state has various big and small cities that offer an abundance of content and activities for just about anyone. History, art, nature, beaches, scenic views, or just relaxing restaurants and cafes—they are all there for you to enjoy. And if something is missing on a particular day, just hop into your car and drive to a neighboring city. There is no doubt that they will have what you need.