Turkish Airlines is the national Flag Carrier airline of Turkey that operates scheduled services to almost 340 destinations including Europe, Asia, Africa, and the Americas. It touches almost 126 counties making it the largest airline in the world. Owing to its lucrative Turkish Airlines Flight Change Policy and other specializations travelers prefer to fly domestically and internationally. Interestingly, Turkish Airlines has been playing a great role with its excellent rescue operations after the catastrophic earthquake that occurred on 6th May 2023.
Some Major Relief Assistance Provided by Turkish Airlines
Turkish Airlines coordinated prompt relief efforts with the Disaster and Emergency Management Authority (AFAD). However, you may find it interesting to see the below-mentioned relief works were exercised by Turkish Airlines with great and incessant efforts.
- It flew about 395 flights to the affected regions, transporting a total of 68,064 rescue and relief workers. 66,194 citizens were evacuated in the opposite direction over the course of 89 flights. Furthermore, 2,520 tons of materiel were supplied by 36 cargo flights to support the ongoing rescue operations.
- Turkish Airlines also ensured free ticket changes and cancellations for those who had already booked tickets traveling from and to the affected regions.
- The airline also provided free-of-cost airlift services to foreigners whose petitions were accepted by the Turkish embassies and consulates in their respective nations.
- According to IATA “Turkish Airlines has maintained all the latest safety measures while operating its relief services. Along with relief activities, it also expanded its in-flight safety rules and provisions for the common passengers after the relief task.”
Therefore, it’s crystal clear that in the course of bringing things to a normal situation and assisting affected people along with common travelers, Turkish Airlines played a critical and significant role. Interestingly, the restructured Turkish Airlines Cancelation Policy became an appreciable phrase from a humanitarian perspective. It brought a great sigh of relief to all the travelers and affected people at a stroke.
Turkey Airlines Cancelation Policy: At a Glance
Air Travel with Turkish Airlines, one of Europe’s leading and world’s largest airlines ensures a mesmerising experience indeed for everyone. To provide the most deserving assistance to affected travelers it introduced unbelievable changes to its flight cancelation policies and other important policies. Over the course of time, when things have become normal, it’s relevant to see the latest rules and provisions regarding flight change/flight cancellation/refund policy, etc.
- Cancellation and Refund Policy # 1
You can cancel your flights with a full refund and no conditions if you manage to cancel your booking right before 24 hours from the time of the original booking. However, there should be a gap of more than a week (7 days) between the original booking and the scheduled departure of the flight.
- Cancellation and Refund Policy # 2
If you missed the 24-hour risk-free time frame, still there a provision for flight cancellation. But, in this scenario, if you have a Refundable Ticket. If you have then you are entitled to a refund. But, the cancellation charge shall be deducted from the original flight fare. In this situation, the traveling routes, the category of booking, and the time of cancellation are considerable factors that affect the amount to be deducted from the original fare.
- Cancellation and Refund Policy # 3
Non-refundable ticket holders are not eligible for any refund, except in some cases when a certain amount (taxes) may be given; for instance, the sudden demise of a co-passenger or a close family member, severe health conditions – injury/accident/natural disaster, etc.
Refund Policy: Considerable Additional Points
- If you cancel your ticket just within 1 to 12 hours of the scheduled departure then Turkish Airlines will deduct approximately 40% of the total booking value from the original booking fare
- If you cancel your tickets 12 hours before the scheduled departure, 20% of the total booking amount will be deducted from the original booking fare
- If you have a P, U, V, W, and F type of ticket then you will not be eligible for any refund or compensation
How Much Time Does it Take to Get the Refund?
The refund amount will be credited directly to your account within 7 days only after deducting the cancellation charge along with the percentage rate of the flight booking. However, if it is not credited by the maximum refundable time i.e. 15 days you must speak to a Live Executive at Turkish Airlines at +1-845-459-2806.
How to Cancel Turkish Airlines?
There are multiple options available to cancel Turkish Airlines tickets, viz. By visiting the Official Website, via Live Chat, or simply by calling the Passenger Assistance Department. But, you can also visit the Turkish Airlines window in person at the airport. In case you want to Speak to a Person at Turkish Airlines just call at its official phone number +1-845-459-2806.
Turkish Airlines is wholeheartedly committed to bringing you the most desirable assistance for any concern. However, you need to choose any of the options depending upon your choice and convenience and then follow the steps carefully.
Turkish Airlines is a reputed airline that always maintains the most advanced safety measures for its passengers. However, after the devastating earthquake, it has introduced more in-flight safety provisions. And of course, Turkish Airlines Flight Change Policy and the other services that were implemented during the rescue operation brought a great sigh of relief to thousands of travelers. Unquestionably, the effort that it carried out and the relief services that the airline provided during the calamity are really praiseworthy. In a nutshell, traveling by Turkish Airlines will bring you a great experience.