Traveling internationally can seem intimidating and expensive, but with the right planning it can also be one of the most exciting and memorable experiences you’ll ever have. With over two million customers every year, Spirit Airlines Reservations has an established history of providing low-cost flights to both domestic and international destinations, including its newest international destination, Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. Whether you’re looking to enjoy the beaches, explore the culture, or hit the casinos and clubs, there are plenty of things to do in Punta Cana that will help make your trip unforgettable. Here are our top five recommendations!
1) See historical landmarks
The first thing on our list of things to do in Punta Cana is visit some historical landmarks. Spirit Airlines has a flight that goes from Boston to Punta Cana, so it’s easy to get there. Once you’re in Punta Cana, you can visit the Santo Domingo Cathedral, which is the oldest cathedral in the Americas. You can also check out Fortaleza Ozama, which is a 16th-century fort that was used to defend against pirates. If you’re interested in learning about the history of the Dominican Republic, these are two great places to start.
2) Go hiking
The Dominican Republic is a nature lover’s paradise. There are many hiking trails of varying difficulty levels, so there’s something for everyone. Hiking is a great way to see the country’s natural beauty and get some exercise. Spirit Airlines offers flights to Punta Cana, so you can easily get there and start exploring.
3) Eat at nearby restaurants
1. With Spirit Airlines, you can fly to Punta Cana from many U.S. cities including Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, and Boston.
2. The average flight time is about four hours, so you’ll have plenty of time to enjoy a meal or two at one of the nearby restaurants.
3. If you’re looking for a quick bite, stop by El Patio for some traditional Dominican fare.
4. For something a little more upscale, dine at La Yola Restaurant, which offers fresh seafood and stunning views of the water.
5. No matter where you eat, you’ll want to try some of the local rum. rhum is a popular choice, but be sure to ask your server for their recommendation.
4) Go golfing
Spirit Airlines offers golfing excursions to some of the best courses in Punta Cana. Whether you’re a beginner or a pro, you’ll enjoy playing on these world-renowned courses. Here are our top five picks:
1. Play at the world-famous Teeth of the Dog course at Casa de Campo Resort & Villas. This course has been ranked as one of the best in the world by Golf Digest.
2. tee off at La Cana Golf Club, located within the Puntacana Resort & Club. This course was designed by world-renowned golf architect Pete Dye and offers stunning views of the Caribbean Sea.
5) Get a massage!
After a long day of flying on Spirit Airlines Destinations, the last thing you want to do is spend more money on a massage. But trust us, it’s worth it. There are plenty of amazing places to get a massage in Punta Cana, and it’s a great way to relax after a long day of travel. Plus, it’s a great way to start your vacation off on the right foot. Here are our top five picks for places to get a massage in Punta Cana