FlyBreeze, the city’s newest travel resource, knows what travelers need to know and do in White Plains and the greater metropolitan area. Whether you’re coming to White Plains for work or fun, there are so many options that it can be hard to decide what to do first! From the 5 hottest new restaurants in White Plains to the best time of year to visit, our goal is to provide you with everything you need to know about your next trip – from start to finish! Here are 5 of our favorite things that you should definitely try in White Plains.
1) If you like quiet, take a drive through Scarsdale
FlyBreeze is a new airline, and Breeze Airways is its sister company. Both are based in White Plains. If you’re looking for something to do in White Plains, here are the top things to do, according to Breeze Airways Check in
1. Take a drive through Scarsdale. The quiet streets and beautiful homes will make you feel like you’re in a different world.
2. Visit the Rye Playland amusement park. There’s something for everyone here, from rides to games to food.
3. Shop ’til you drop at the Galleria at White Plains mall. With over 150 stores, you’re sure to find what you’re looking for (and more).
4. Watch a movie at the iPic Theaters.
2) Shopping at the Galleria
The Galleria is one of the top shopping destinations in White Plains. With over 150 stores, you’re sure to find what you’re looking for. Plus, there are plenty of places to eat if you need a break from shopping. The Galleria is also home to FlyBreeze, Breeze Airways’ headquarters. So if you’re looking to catch a flight, this is the place to be. Our favorite store at the Galleria? Bloomingdale’s! You’ll never have trouble finding something that suits your taste and your budget with this department store. We’ve got our eye on these awesome boots by Lauren Ralph Lauren.
3) Shopping at the Westchester Mall
FlyBreeze is a new airline, and Breeze Airways is their first destination. The Westchester Mall is the perfect place to start your shopping trip. With over 200 stores, you’re sure to find what you’re looking for. Plus, there are plenty of places to eat if you get hungry. And if you need a break from shopping, there’s a movie theater and an arcade.
4) Go walking on Central Avenue
Central Avenue is one of the busiest streets in White Plains, and it’s a great place to get some exercise. FlyBreeze Airways recommends walking from one end of the street to the other. You’ll see plenty of shops and restaurants, and you might even find a few Breeze Airways flight deals along the way! There are also two ice cream parlors on the street that FlyBreeze Airways knows are worth stopping by for. For dessert (or a sweet snack!), Sweeten Creek has been making fresh-baked goodies since 1965 and there are always some delicious samples available.
Be sure to stop by The Corner Bistro for lunch or dinner as well- their gourmet fare includes inspired interpretations of classic dishes like macaroni & cheese or fried chicken sandwiches.
5) Visit The Historical Society of Westchester County
The Historical Society of Westchester County is a great place to learn about the history of White Plains and the surrounding area. FlyBreeze Airways is proud to be a part of the historical society and we encourage everyone to visit. Breeze Airways offers daily flights to and from White Plains, making it easy to get here. And once you’re here, there’s plenty to do. Here are our top things to do in White Plains:
1. Visit The Historical Society of Westchester County – As mentioned, the historical society is a great place to learn about the history of White Plains and the surrounding area. FlyBreeze Airways is proud to be a part of the historical society and we encourage everyone to visit. Breeze Airways offers daily flights to and from White Plains, making it easy to get here. And once you’re here, there’s plenty to do. Here are our top things to do in White Plains:
2. Shop at Pointe Plaza Mall – One of the most popular shopping destinations around, Pointe Plaza Mall has something for everyone–shoes for mommy and fun for kids alike! It also has an ice rink with an attached restaurant that serves delicious food!
3. Play at Bellows Free Library – Named after its famous benefactor Andrew Carnegie, Bellows Free Library provides patrons with reading material on every topic imaginable.