The Ultimate Guide To Visit Manali
Whether you are left alone in search of inner peace, or adventurous backpacking with friends, or honeymooning with your loved ones, Manali and its mountains will always fascinate you. This mountainous city has become a haven for wandering souls and has some unique cultural treasures in this part of the world. Budget hotels in Manali will take care of your stay and allow you to experience the hospitality for which the area is famous.
Manali is the most enchanting hill station in India, and that is the reason the place is so popular amongst tourists. Manali is home to endless adventures, quaint hoses, beautiful waterfalls, and splendid lakes. Once you visit the place, you won’t get enough of the natural raw beauty of nature it offers.
Manali offers complete peace of mind in the chaos of life. The beauty of Manali is breathtaking; you can also visit the place for its temples and peaks. There are plenty of things that will keep your mind occupied in Manali. A trip to Manali is truly unforgettable.
Shimla Manali tour package is preferred by most travelers who want to have a great time on a holiday. The place offers different packages for different needs. Honeymooners specially choose Manali for its compelling beauty. It is also a great place for adventure seekers.
If you want to enjoy a trekking or camping adventure, you can book your package in advance. An adventure trip to Manali with your friends will offer you an out-of-the-world experience. It is also a great place for a family trip. You can have amazing food, shop with loved ones, and enjoy boating trips in various lakes of the place.
Here are top places to visit in Manali:
- Hadimba Temple: The wooden construction of the shrine is very different from most Hindu temples found in the country. There is also a shrine dedicated to Ghatotkacha, the son of Hidimba Devi. Surrounded by dense cedar forests, this temple is set against a backdrop of snow-capped mountains and is one of Manali’s best attractions.
- Solang Valley: This is a paradise for sports and adventure lovers. When you come here, you can test your skills on skis or go snowmobile. When the weather gets warmer, people flock to paragliding and paragliding. You can also hop on the cable car and enjoy the stunning views of the Himalayas.
- Hampta Pass: Considered one of the Himalayan hikes of medium difficulty, the Hampta Pass hike allows you to enjoy fascinating views of the Kullu Valley and Lahaul Valley. Another major attraction of the trip is Lake Chandratal located along the way. The pass is located in the Pir Panjal range at an altitude of more than 4000 meters and the route includes fascinating river sections.
- Himalayan Nyingmapa Buddhist Temple: The soothing tranquility of the Nyingmapa Buddhist Temple in Manali will soothe even the most stressed out. This ShangriLalike paradise is located in the middle of a bustling city, while the exterior-style architecture and vibrant tones add a mystical charm to the whole scene. While you’re here, don’t forget to spin the prayer wheel and admire the Shakyamuni statue and paintings on the wall.
- Vashisht Hot Water Springs and Temple: A place of spiritual importance, the village of Vashisht is home to a magnificent temple amid the breathtaking terrain of the Himalayas. The temple is said to have a history of more than 4,000 years, and the interior of the sanctuary features wood carvings, ancient drawings and paintings. What makes this destination even more unique is the presence of hot springs that are said to have healing effects. Moreover, it offers today’s visitors a glimpse into the ancient history of Manali. You can also go shopping in the surrounding area – woolen goods are very popular here.
- Museum of Himachal Culture and Folk Art: Some of the exhibits include a collection of masks used in carnival dances, traditional clothing, and musical instruments. Founded in 1998, this small but culturally rich place also boasts models of ancient houses and temples.
- Beas River: The Beas River is a natural regional landmark that will accompany you for most of your trip to Manali. The village of Vashisht is considered to be one of the best places to enjoy stunning views of the river valley, while a trip to Kothi brings you up close to its azure waters. Beas is the center of water sports like kayaking and rafting and the village of Pridi is considered one of the most exciting rapids.
- Old Manali: Old Manali refers to the oldest part of the city. Here, visitors can stroll the streets and admire the vignettes from a bygone era, when Manali was a sleepy pilgrimage town before backpackers flocked. Old Manali offers some of the best views in the area due to the forests and apple orchards surrounding the settlement.
- Naggar Castle: The wooden structure of he castle is an architectural marvel and reflects the very distinct style commonly found in the area, combined with a few European elements added over the years. You can enjoy great views of the city and the adjoining alpine forests from the castle.
- Rohtang Pass: Take a day out of your Manali itinerary to visit Rohtang Pass and you won’t regret it. Located at an altitude of 4000 meters above sea level, this high pass in the Pir Panjal range will make you amazed. Not only a favorite place for nature lovers, artists and photographers for generations, Rohtang Pass is also a paradise for adventurous activities such as mountain biking and skiing. Cross has been featured in many Bollywood films, including Jab We Met.
The best time to visit Manali is during the winters and rainy season. In winters, you can indulge in many kinds of ice adventures. Monsoon is an ideal season to view the magic nature has to offer. The summer season is also good if you are planning a night camping trip with your friends.
You can book a package which will include accommodation and other services. Packages to Manali can be completely customized, and you can make your itinerary. Most packages of Manali include complete transportation and food. All major tourist spots are included in Manali packages, so book your tour and make many memories.