People like to travel abroad. When planning an international trip, we need to take care of a lot of things. This includes deciding what clothes to pack, what places to visit and more.
For all this, the most important thing is the passport. Keeping your passport updated is the most important thing to do before planning a trip abroad. Passport renewal is an important thing to do before planning a vacation.
Why do you need to renew your passport? – The reasons
To avoid problems during or before the trip, it is recommended to have an updated passport.
If your passport has expired or is about to expire, renewing it should be the first thing to do. Below are some reasons why you should have your passport renewed.
You must ensure that your passport is valid for a minimum of 6 months to 1 year after your last planned holiday. This will make your trip hassle free.
A valid passport saves a lot of time and effort by applying for global entry. So if your passport is updated, this solves this problem.
Before a trip, many people realize that their old passports have expired or are about to expire.
This can cause travel chaos. To ensure that you get a hassle-free vacation, it is best to opt for passport renewal before it is too late.
Often, the government continues to update rules and regulations.
If you have an updated passport, you can be protected against any problems that may arise due to the government updating the rules. In addition, you can enjoy a quiet holiday without worries.
Passport renewal is a simple process if followed carefully with precise details. Once the process is complete, it takes about 30 days to receive the renewed passport.
The renewal process is as follows –
- The first step is an online registration of the applicant, which can be done by visiting the official Seva passport
- Details such as name, date of birth, etc. must be entered to activate the applicant’s account.
- The next step is to fill out the application form for passport renewal. It is important that the applicant carefully fills out the form with the correct details as some information sometimes requires police checks.
- The last step is to submit the application and select a preferred space to have all documents checked.
Some facts about passport renewal in India
- India had issued around 12 million passports by the year 2015, a higher estimate than countries like China and the United States.
- Among 199 countries, India ranks 86th in visa-free access, according to the Henley and Partners Passport Index (January 9, 2018).
- Indian passports were handwritten until 2001. They had a validity period of 20 years.
- An Indian passport holder is allowed to enter without a visa or have a visa issued on arrival in 58 countries and territories such as the Maldives, Bhutan, Thailand, Mauritius, etc.
- Unlike most official documents, which require a change of surname for married women, in India there is no need to do it for passports.
- Among the countries considered to have the most powerful passports, India ranks 86 with Japan at the top of the list.
- Recently, there has been a 10% reduction in pass fees for all applicants over the age of 60 or under the age of 8.
For Further Information and Question Comment Here.